Always carry your I-94 and I-20/DS2019 and identification when you travel. When you travel long distances or out of the country, carry your passport. When on vacation in the United States, leave your passport in the hotel safe and carry copies with you. Remember: It is difficult to replace your passport. You would probably have to travel to Washington to get a replacement.

Note: Please see Robert Straub before leaving the country on vacation.

I-20's should be signed by the International Student Services staff every 6 months.

Re-entry into the U.S.

F-1 Student Documents Required

1. Valid Passport
2. Valid U.S. Visa
3. Current proof of financial support
4. I-20 Identification from the University
5. Visas, if required, for the countries to which you are traveling

J-1 Student Documents Required

1. Items 1, 2, 3, and 5 from above
2. Copy of current 2019