Student Affairs at UNC Asheville plans and implements co-curricular student programs and services that support the university's student learning outcomes and overall mission and strategic plan. To ensure that our programs and services are contributing to student development and learning, our departments create department goals, learning and operational outcomes and assessment plans that emphasize the collection of data and information from multiple sources to determine whether the outcomes have been met. Our emphasis is on using assessment results to improve and/or change our programs and services to better serve students and to improve student development and learning.
Student Affairs utilizes Campus Labs for assessment support and survey technology and is a member of the NASPA Consortium, which allows UNC Asheville to benchmark (with national and peer comparison data) specific areas within Student Affairs.
All departments in Student Affairs link their department goals and outcomes to our Foundation Documents, which include:
*Download the Planning/Assessment Cycle chart.
- Overall Student Affairs Organization Chart
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Organization Chart (Campus Recreation, Highsmith Student Union and Student Activities, Multicultural Affairs, International Student Services, Title IX)
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Administration Organization Chart (Housing & Student Life Operations, Dining Services, Assessment, Budget & Planning)
- Dean of Students Organization Chart (Residential Education, Transition & Parent Programs, Care & Crisis)
- Health & Counseling Organization Chart
- Public Safety Organization Chart (University Police, Parking & Transportation, Emergency Management)
- UNC Asheville SACS Reaffirmation Site
- NASPA Student Affairs Assessment, Evaluation & Research Knowledge Community
- UNC Charlotte Student Affairs Assessment
- UNC Greensboro Student Affairs Assessment
- UNC Wilmington Student Affairs Assessment
- North Carolina State University Student Affairs Assessment
- Dartmouth College Student Affairs Assessment
- Texas A&M University Student Life Studies
- UCONN Assessment
- SUNY Albany Student Success
- Student Voice
- Student Voice Survey Building Users Guide